Wednesday 14 March 2007

A Sad Dog Tale With A Happier Ending

Thanks to Pet Talk member Linda for sharing your story. I lost my old dog last month and your experience really hit home. Trish

I as many other millions of people I LOVE my dogs.

I have always had English Bull Terriers and love all animals. Last year I lost two of my dogs, Bruce and Megan, Bruce died first in his sleep, at the age of of nearly thirteen, at this time Megan had breast cancer, I was devastated she was twelve at the time.

After a brave long fight by my dog and my family, three cancer op's later we had to let her go. In my life I have never felt so helpless and such pain, that was it never again would I have a dog, the heart break was more than I could take. My son told my husband that he used to hear me sobbing in bed as my dogs were everything to me.

After a lot of thought by my family, a puppy was brought home. I thought I would never be able to bond with this animal, I felt somehow I was letting the memory of my other dogs down, crazy I know.
















Now I have a strong love and bond with my dog, he is eight months old now and his name is Bubba, and I now see things in him that remind me of my other dogs and he is a joy to have.

No comments:

Training Your Cat